This Crock Pot Mushroom Angel Chicken Recipe is an adapted version of our all time favorite slow cooker recipe on the site. So easy to throw together. Everyone asks for this recipe after tasting it!
Cris here. If you recall, last week I was sharing all kinds of homemade cream soups and our favorite recipes to make with them. Well then I found myself with all kinds of cream soup that needed used up, so of course I decided to make a version of my favorite crock pot recipe OF. ALL. TIME. I have been OBSESSED with that recipe ever since we found it in Gooseberry Patch’s Hometown Christmas Cookbook. Since then I have adapted it various ways and have found the perfect flavor and texture for our family. We absolutely LOVE it.
Crock Pot Mushroom Angel Chicken Recipe Notes
So, this time I changed a few things to incorporate some delicious baby bella mushrooms I had on hand. I knew they would be fantastic with the sherry sauce (you can still use broth if you prefer). I also used chicken tenderloins instead to allow this recipe to cook up a little quicker. You can use breasts if you’d like. Just cook for 4-6 hours on low.
We cooked this up in our Cuisinart 6 Qt 3 in 1 Slow Cooker to allow for one pot cooking but any 4-6 qt slow cooker should work just fine. Just note that 6 qts will typically take less time than 4 qts to cook up this recipe.
Crock Pot Mushroom Angel Chicken Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 oz Baby Bellla Mushrooms- sliced
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 3 lbs Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- ½ Cup Sherry can substitute chicken broth
- ½ Cup Chive and Onion Cream Cheese Softened
- 10¾ oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup Not a fan of the can? Check out our homemade version
- 1 oz Package Italian Dressing Mix
- 12 oz Cooked Angel Hair Pasta or Spaghetti
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Cook mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Meanwhile mix together sherry/broth, cream cheese, soup and dressing mix with a mixer until whipped together.
- Place chicken in bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with mushrooms and onions.
- Pour sauce over top.
- Cook on low 3-5 hours until chicken is tender.
- Serve over pasta.
Affiliate links were used in this post
- Goode Times Weekly Vol. 1, Issue 1 - September 14, 2020
- If You Liked Perfect Crock Pot Roast, Try This Recipe - September 12, 2020
- Easy Grilled Shrimp (Ninja Foodi Grill) - June 18, 2020