This Crock Pot Mushroom Angel Chicken Recipe is an adapted version of our all time favorite slow cooker recipe on the site. So easy to throw together. Everyone asks for this recipe after tasting it!
Cris here. If you recall, last week I was sharing all kinds of homemade cream soups and our favorite recipes to make with them. Well then I found myself with all kinds of cream soup that needed used up, so of course I decided to make a version of my favorite crock pot recipe OF. ALL. TIME. I have been OBSESSED with that recipe ever since we found it in Gooseberry Patch’s Hometown Christmas Cookbook. Since then I have adapted it various ways and have found the perfect flavor and texture for our family. We absolutely LOVE it.
Crock Pot Mushroom Angel Chicken Recipe Notes
So, this time I changed a few things to incorporate some delicious baby bella mushrooms I had on hand. I knew they would be fantastic with the sherry sauce (you can still use broth if you prefer). I also used chicken tenderloins instead to allow this recipe to cook up a little quicker. You can use breasts if you’d like. Just cook for 4-6 hours on low.
We cooked this up in our Cuisinart 6 Qt 3 in 1 Slow Cooker to allow for one pot cooking but any 4-6 qt slow cooker should work just fine. Just note that 6 qts will typically take less time than 4 qts to cook up this recipe.
Crock Pot Mushroom Angel Chicken Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 oz Baby Bellla Mushrooms- sliced
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 3 lbs Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- ½ Cup Sherry can substitute chicken broth
- ½ Cup Chive and Onion Cream Cheese Softened
- 10¾ oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup Not a fan of the can? Check out our homemade version
- 1 oz Package Italian Dressing Mix
- 12 oz Cooked Angel Hair Pasta or Spaghetti
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Cook mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Meanwhile mix together sherry/broth, cream cheese, soup and dressing mix with a mixer until whipped together.
- Place chicken in bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with mushrooms and onions.
- Pour sauce over top.
- Cook on low 3-5 hours until chicken is tender.
- Serve over pasta.
Affiliate links were used in this post
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #16 - April 4, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #8 - March 20, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #4 - March 13, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
Made this yesterday and it was delicious! My new fave 🙂
Aunt Lou says
Yay! So glad you found a new fave here! Thank you for taking the time to let us know. It really makes our day!
Another great recipe to add to my list. Looking forward to making this one too. I love using my crock pot because it is so easy to add everything and forget about it for a few hours. Thank you for sharing!
Ross Safford says
If I pass away from eating some of these incredible recipes, I will accept no responsibility for my demise. It’s all my wife’s fault, in collusion with Recipes that Crock. Oh, my! What a way to go!
David Summerbell says
This looks like another delicious crock pot recipe to try out. May have to make a few substitutions according to whats in my cupboards. Nonetheless, thanks for sharing this great, simple recipe ?