When I am asked what my favorite crock pot recipe of all time is, this recipe for Crockpot Angel Chicken immediately comes to mind. We have made it a million different ways, but this angel chicken recipe is my favorite.
How to Make Crock Pot Angel Chicken
We originally found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Hometown Christmas Cookbook and it quickly became a family favorite. In fact, we shared a recipe for it a while back, served over our favorite quick rice. This recipe has been on our mealtime rotation ever since.
Here is a video of an Instant Pot adaptation of this recipe.
Crock Pot Angel Chicken
Now, truth be told, anytime I say I am making Crockpot Angel Chicken, my crew cheers… however, there is one minor issue with the original way we made the recipe that made me a little uncomfortable serving it up for company. The sauce for this dish is incredible, but between you and me, it breaks apart a bit (like a lot of crock pot recipes) and is not nearly as pretty as it is delicious. So, I began messing with the method of the recipe and tweaked it just a bit and sure enough, we got that creamy sauce looking as yummy as it tasted! This recipe is the final product.
Crockpot Angel Chicken
- 5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ Cup Butter melted
- ½ Cup Sherry can substitute chicken broth
- ½ Cup Chive and Onion Cream Cheese softened
- 10¾ oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 oz Package Italian Dressing Mix
- 12 oz Cooked Angel Hair Pasta or Spaghetti
- Place all ingredients-except chicken-in a mixer and mix on low for 2 minutes.
- Place chicken in the crockpot and slather mixture over the top.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over angel hair pasta or spaghetti.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
My standard go-to for this recipe has to be my Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, however, I think I have probably used about every one of my 5-6 qt slow cookers with this dish! The key to success is to make sure not to overcook your chicken. So, around 4 hours I begin to check the chicken for tenderness and let it cook until it is nice and tender but not overcooked.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Latest posts by Cris (see all)
- Crock Pot Mississippi Loose Meat Sandwiches (Low Carb Options) - February 19, 2020
- Air Fryer Pepper Jack Chicken (Ninja Foodi) - February 6, 2020
- Easy Guacamole Recipe - February 6, 2020