When I am asked what my favorite crock pot recipe of all time is, this recipe for Crockpot Angel Chicken immediately comes to mind. We have made it a million different ways, but this angel chicken recipe is my favorite.
We originally found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Hometown Christmas Cookbook and it quickly became a family favorite. In fact, we shared a recipe for it a while back, served over our favorite quick rice. This recipe has been on our mealtime rotation ever since.
Crockpot Angel Chicken
Now, truth be told, anytime I say I am making Crockpot Angel Chicken, my crew cheers… however, there is one minor issue with the original way we made the recipe that made me a little uncomfortable serving it up for company. The sauce for this dish is incredible, but between you and me, it breaks apart a bit (like a lot of crock pot recipes) and is not nearly as pretty as it is delicious. So, I began messing with the method of the recipe and tweaked it just a bit and sure enough, we got that creamy sauce looking as yummy as it tasted! This recipe is the final product.
- 4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ Cup Butter- Melted
- ½ Cup Sherry (can substitute chicken broth)
- ½ Cup Chive and Onion Cream Cheese- Softened
- 10¾ oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 oz Package Italian Dressing Mix
- 12 oz Cooked Angel Hair Pasta or Spaghetti
- Place all ingredients-except chicken-in a mixer and mix on low for 2 minutes.
- Place chicken in the crockpot and slather mixture over the top.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over angel hair pasta or spaghetti.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
My standard go-to for this recipe has to be my Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, however, I think I have probably used about every one of my 5-6 qt slow cookers with this dish! The key to success is to make sure not to overcook your chicken. So, around 4 hours I begin to check the chicken for tenderness and let it cook until it is nice and tender but not overcooked.
Affiliate links were used in this post.