If you are looking for a tried and true meatloaf recipe, your search has ended! This Crock Pot Old Fashioned Meatloaf recipe is the one Momma used while I was growing up. And boy is it good!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
We were getting ready to go away for our very first weekend trip without the kids. My mother-in-law was coming up to watch the kids, so I wanted to make up something that I knew the kids would eat so she wouldn’t have to worry about dinner while we were gone. I knew that this Crock Pot Old Fashioned Meatloaf that Momma made while I was growing up would do just the trick!
CROCK POT OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF NOTES:
- I doubled up this recipe so there would be some left for us when we got back! I sure didn’t want to miss out on it! So if you need fewer servings, divide the recipe in half and use a smaller crock. Be sure and watch it the first time so you can know how much you need to adjust your cooking time.
- I made this Crock Pot Old Fashioned Meatloaf up in Cassie (my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot). If you don’t have one, the make up the full recipe in a 5 or 6-quart crock pot or a half recipe in a 2.5 or 3-quart crock pot.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cup oats or cracker crumbs
- 2 egg
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup plus extra for topping
- Mix together all of your ingredients in a bowl
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Press your ground beef mixture into your crock pot and make a groove down the middle
- Top with as little or much ketchup as you desire
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours