Anyone else love a super easy, extra yummy recipe? Then I have a treat for you with this Crock Pot Mushroom Dijon Chicken from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker! It is so easy to make and has a great flavor!
Aunt Lou here.
Now if you have read very many of my recipes on here, you have probably caught on that I am a VERY picky eater. I actually get made fun of quite a bit for the fact that I am so picky and am also a food blogger. However, us picky eaters need food bloggers too! 😉
So before you write off this recipe because you don’t like mushrooms and/or mustard. Let me tell you a little secret…neither do I! However, I have found that the flavor of cream of mushroom soup is actually quite good! And even though I tell Michael I buy generic cream of mushroom soup because it is around half the price of the name brand soup, that is only part of the reason…it also has the same great flavor of the name brand cream of mushroom soup but has less mushroom pieces. (That’ll be our little secret. 😉 ) Also, the Dijon mustard helps add to the great flavor of this recipe but doesn’t have an overwhelming mustard taste.
Crock Pot Mushroom Dijon Chicken Notes
- For this delicious Crock Pot Mushroom Dijon Chicken, I used Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach programmable insulated 6-quart slow cooker). You can use your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- My Crock Pot Mushroom Dijon Chicken was done around the 6 hour mark, but you will want to watch it the first time you make it to see how your crock pot cooks it up.
- We served this up with some long grain and wild rice, and they went together perfectly!
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Put your chicken in your crock pot
- Mix together the rest of your ingredients in a separate bowl and pour evenly over your chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
Affiliate links were used in this post.