This Crock Pot Oreo Cake is rich, decadent and surprisingly easy to make! It is the perfect cake to make to treat you and yours or to bring to a potluck!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love.
How to Make an Oreo Cake in a Slow Cooker
Aunt Lou here.
Around here, I am also know as the Sugar Princess. It is a duty I take very seriously. 😉 So when I was trying to think up a delicious dessert, my mind went to some of my favorite sweet treats….Oreo Blizzard, Dirty Pudding, Cake….and so now you have this delicious cake with a rich cream cheese icing. I highly recommend it! Whether you make it for a treat for your family or to take to potluck, it is sure to get rave reviews!
Crock Pot Oreo Cake Notes:
- I do not recommend using a casserole crock pot for this recipe. The cake needs room to rise as it cooks while not touching the paper towels (which are there to catch any moisture from the lid). A 6-quart crock pot is best.
- You will want to make this in a slow cooker that you know cooks evenly and does well with cakes. Baking in a slow cooker can be challenging, so using a slow cooker that you know bakes well is highly recommended.
- When baking, it is incredibly important to watch it closely the first time you make it.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
SAVE THIS RECIPE TO YOUR FREE RECIPE BOX
On Recipes That Crock we have a way for you to save recipes, recipe collections and meal plans to your own free recipe box. This way you won’t ever lose a recipe. With your free RTC account, you know that your favorite recipes and all the recipes you want to try are always just a click away.
You can register (or login if you are already a user) here: Register/Login Here.
NOTE: If you don’t see the recipe box save buttons, you need to sign in.
Crock Pot Oreo Cake Recipe
Crock Pot Oreo Cake
- 1 white cake mix prepared
- 12 Oreo cookies crushed
- 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 14 Oreo cookies crushed, divided
- Gently stir the crushed Oreos into your prepared cake mix
- Pour your cake mix into a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot
- Place 2-3 paper towels underneath your lid, cover and cook on high for 1-1.5 hours
- Remove insert from the crock pot and place on a heat-safe surface to cool, removing the lid and cover with a clean dish towel
- While your cake is cooling, mix together your cream cheese, butter, vanilla, milk, adding in a little bit of your sifted powdered sugar.
- Once your icing is smooth, add in the crumbs from 12 of your cookies and mix until well combined
- Spread your icing over your cooled cake and sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on top