Are you looking for a great corn recipe? Check out this Crock Pot Parmesan Cream Corn. It has an unexpected, amazing flavor that will have you going back for seconds…and thirds!
Aunt Lou here.
So I have a confession to make. This corn started out as a flop. It wasn’t horrific by any means. The problem was just lack of flavor.
Michael was the first to try it, so I asked how it tasted. He looked at me, wrinkled his nose and curled his lip up in a “ehh” look. So I dug in and made the exact same face. It wasn’t bad, but it just tasted like I had dumped a bag of frozen corn in the crock pot and made it up with no seasoning.
I liked the idea of using the greek yogurt, so I decided to do a little creative tweaking and see if I could salvage the recipe.
The result? I had Michael take the first taste again. THIS time his eyebrows shot up at the same time he said “MMMM!”…that is the test in this house. When that happens, I know for sure that I have hit a homerun in the taste department. I took a taste then and agreed completely!
Crock Pot Parmesan Cream Corn
Now I know this may seem like a strange flavor combination, but don’t knock it til you try it! My guess is that you will be as pleasantly surprised as I was.
Here’s the kicker of it all…it tasted like Parmesan to me even before I put the grated cheese in the crock pot. The mixture of the greek yogurt, cream cheese and butter already had the flavor of my beloved parm, but I added it in anyway because…well, I love Parmesan cheese and even though I would have never have guessed I would like it with corn, it is amazing!
- 12 oz pkg corn
- 5.3 oz container of Greek yogurt
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons butter sliced into pats
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- Place corn in the bottom of your crock pot
- Empty Greek yogurt on top of corn
- Add cream cheese cubes and butter pats
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2 hours, stirring every hour
- Add 2 T grated Parmesan cheese and stir until well combined
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese before serving, if desired
Slow Cooker Recommendation
My 3 qt crock pot crock pot was perfect for this Crock Pot Parmesan Cream Corn recipe. I’m sure that any 3-4 quart slow cooker will do just fine!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- 10 Must Have Crock Pot Summer Recipes - May 28, 2023
- Easy Ninja Foodi Quesadillas (Air Fryer Recipe) - May 28, 2023
- Budget Meal Plan: Week 32 - May 6, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
I LOVE YOUR TESTIMONY! OUR GOD IS TRULY AWESOME!
I LOVE YOUR RECIPES. I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO KEEP THEM ON MY COMPUTER. HAVE A MOST BLESSED DAY AND REST OF THE WEEK