In the mood for something lemony and sweet? Check out this Lemon Blueberry Crock Pot Cake from Gooseberry Patch’s Foolproof Family Recipes.
Aunt Lou here.
I love lemon flavored desserts.
I also love blueberry desserts. (This Crock Pot Blueberry Cake is delicious.)
So when I saw this recipe, I knew I wanted to try it out in my crock pot.
Lemon-Blueberry Crock Pot Cake
The original oven recipe calls this a crumb cake.
Confession time: I am completely inept when it comes to making crumble for a crumb cake…which is completely sad because that is my favorite part of a crumb cake. It never fails that I either have my butter too hard or to too mushy. I am sure there is a perfect medium, I have just yet to find it.
So as always, I ended up with an “almost crumble” mixture and mushy butter on my fingers…and I didn’t take one taste of the concoction on my fingers when I was done. 😉 You might have better luck with the crumble and it may come out prettier than mine. If so, kudos and please share your secret!
If you share my inadequacies, don’t fear. This Lemon-Blueberry Crock Pot Cake is absolutely succulent. The moist lemon cake pairs wonderfully with the juicy blueberries!
- 18.25 oz pkg lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen bluberries
- Mix together your cake mix and softened butter with your hands
- Measure out 1 1/4 cups of the mixture and set aside for later
- Add your eggs and milk to the mixture and mix well
- Pour in your lightly greased crock pot
- Sprinkle blueberries and the 1 1/4 cups of the crumble mixture you had set aside on top
- Fold four paper towels and place between crock and lid
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1 1/2 hours
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I whipped up this yummy cake in my 3 qt crock pot. Any 3-4 qt slow cooker would work. I wouldn’t go any bigger than that though…you don’t want to burn this yummy cake!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Budget Meal Plan: Week 32 - May 6, 2023
- Sloppy Joe Mac Casserole (Oven Recipe) - May 6, 2023
- Ninja Foodi Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders (Air Fryer Recipe) - May 5, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
I wonder about using the new “9X13” type crockpot.
Aunt Lou says
I don’t have one of those, but I bet it would work. The cake wouldn’t be as thick, so make sure you watch it closely until you know how long it should cook.
I have a small, two quart, crock pot. Could I make this cake in it and still have it turn out alright?
Thank you – love your recipes and website!
Aunt Lou says
A 2 quart should work as well, you just want to watch it closely the first time you make it and adjust your timing as necessary. Enjoy!
Why use paper towels for this recipe for lemon blueberry cake in slow cooker? When else would you do that?
Aunt Lou says
The recipe called for the paper towels to keep the moisture that collects on the lid from dripping down on the cake. You would use this trick anytime you would want to keep the lid’s moisture off the food you are cooking.