In the mood for something lemony and sweet? Check out this Lemon Blueberry Crock Pot Cake from Gooseberry Patch’s Foolproof Family Recipes.
Aunt Lou here.
I love lemon flavored desserts.
I also love blueberry desserts. (This Crock Pot Blueberry Cake is delicious.)
So when I saw this recipe, I knew I wanted to try it out in my crock pot.
Lemon-Blueberry Crock Pot Cake
The original oven recipe calls this a crumb cake.
Confession time: I am completely inept when it comes to making crumble for a crumb cake…which is completely sad because that is my favorite part of a crumb cake. It never fails that I either have my butter too hard or to too mushy. I am sure there is a perfect medium, I have just yet to find it.
So as always, I ended up with an “almost crumble” mixture and mushy butter on my fingers…and I didn’t take one taste of the concoction on my fingers when I was done. 😉 You might have better luck with the crumble and it may come out prettier than mine. If so, kudos and please share your secret!
If you share my inadequacies, don’t fear. This Lemon-Blueberry Crock Pot Cake is absolutely succulent. The moist lemon cake pairs wonderfully with the juicy blueberries!
- 18¼oz pkg lemon cake mix
- ½ c butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ c milk
- 1 c fresh or frozen bluberries
- Mix together your cake mix and softened butter with your hands
- Measure out 1¼ cups of the mixture and set aside for later
- Add your eggs and milk to the mixture and mix well
- Pour in your lightly greased crock pot
- Sprinkle blueberries and the 1¼ cups of the crumble mixture you had set aside on top
- Fold four paper towels and place between crock and lid
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1½ hours
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I whipped up this yummy cake in my 3 qt crock pot. Any 3-4 qt slow cooker would work. I wouldn’t go any bigger than that though…you don’t want to burn this yummy cake!
Affiliate links were used in this post.