Switch up taco night with these amazing Crock Pot Taco Chicken Bowls! They are quick, easy and delicious!
Aunt Lou here.
When we go on vacation, we save a bunch of money by making most of our meals ourselves. However, we are on vacation, so this momma doesn’t want to be stuck in the kitchen while everyone else is having fun. That is where my good ol’ crock pot saves the day! I can throw this together in a jiff and head on out to have fun with everyone else. (And since I did the cooking, that means the hubs can do the clean up…which actually takes more time than throwing this recipe together!)
Crock Pot Taco Chicken Bowls Notes:
- For these yummy Crock Pot Taco Chicken Bowls, I used my 2.5-quart crock pot. It was perfect for two chicken breasts!
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled if you need more servings. You will just need to use a larger crock pot and adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- We used our favorite Spanish-style rice, however, this would also be really yummy with taco rice. The juices from cooking your chicken is super delicious when mixed with either kind of rice.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.25 oz taco seasoning packet
- 1 oz ranch dip mix packet
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese
- 8.8 oz Spanish or taco rice cooked
- Place your chicken breasts in your crock pot
- Sprinkle your taco seasoning and ranch dip mix evenly across your chicken breasts
- Pour your broth and water on top
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1.5-2 hours (chicken should be shredded easily with two forks when done)
- Remove your chicken from your crock pot and shred with two forks
- Put your chicken back in your crock pot and mix well with your juices
- Serve over rice with cheese on top
Affiliate links were used in this post.