Are you a fan of dark sweet cherries? Our Crock Pot Dark Sweet Cherry Cobbler is a delicious alternative to the typical tart red cherry cobbler.
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
This recipe changed Mikey’s opinion on cherry cobbler… Check out his video here.
Did I mention that I LOVE when I can get him to eat–even love– a food that he at one time swore off?
Dark Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- I really like using our 6 quart oval slow cookers for cobblers like this. I feel like they set up better than using my casserole crock because the batter can really grab the edge of the pan and rise up in the ovals.
- If you don’t like dark sweet cherries, feel free to substitute red tart cherries.
- 1 Cup Stick Butter 1/2
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 15 oz Cans Dark Sweet Cherries in heavy syrup
- Melt butter and place in the bottom of your 6 quart slow cooker
- In a mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients except the cherries.
- Pour batter into the slow cooker
- Spoon cherries-- including syrup--on top of the batter-- do not mix.
- Set slow cooker on high and cook for 1½ - 2 hours OR until top of cobbler is set.
- Note: You may want to put a paper towel under the lid while baking to catch condensation.