Do you love pierogies? This Easy Pierogi Casserole from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker is simple to throw together and absolutely delicious!
Aunt Lou here.
To be honest, I have only had a pierogi once before. It was a LONG time ago, so I didn’t really remember anything about it. All I remembered was the name, and I liked it. So as I was flipping through my cookbook looking for a recipe, Easy Pierogi Casserole caught my eye.
Easy Pierogi Casserole
When I asked Michael if he would like this Easy Pierogi Casserole, he was very excited. You see, years ago, he was in the Navy and stationed in California. There he had a neighbor that made pierogies and shared them with him. He went on and on about how wonderful they were, so I was a bit nervous if I could live up to his memories of pierogies with my first attempt. Well, this Easy Pierogi Casserole lived up to the hype of Michael’s memories!
- Spray your crock pot lightly with cooking spray
- Spread your pasta across the bottom of your crock pot
- Layer your potatoes, cheese, butter, bacon and onion on top of your pasta
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours
- Mix together gently and serve
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I used my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker for this yummy Easy Pierogi Casserole. For a non-casserole crock pot, I would use at least a 5 quart. The layers add up quick!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Crock Pot Beefy Taco Soup - December 8, 2023
- Bacon Brown Sugar Pork Chops (Oven Recipe) - December 8, 2023
- Crock Pot Chili Cheese Tater Tot Casserole for Two - December 3, 2023