Do you love pierogies? This Easy Pierogi Casserole from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker is simple to throw together and absolutely delicious!
Aunt Lou here.
To be honest, I have only had a pierogi once before. It was a LONG time ago, so I didn’t really remember anything about it. All I remembered was the name, and I liked it. So as I was flipping through my cookbook looking for a recipe, Easy Pierogi Casserole caught my eye.
Easy Pierogi Casserole
When I asked Michael if he would like this Easy Pierogi Casserole, he was very excited. You see, years ago, he was in the Navy and stationed in California. There he had a neighbor that made pierogies and shared them with him. He went on and on about how wonderful they were, so I was a bit nervous if I could live up to his memories of pierogies with my first attempt. Well, this Easy Pierogi Casserole lived up to the hype of Michael’s memories!
- 8 oz pkg bowtie pasta cooked al dente
- 5 potatoes peeled and sliced
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup butter sliced
- 3/4 cup bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray your crock pot lightly with cooking spray
- Spread your pasta across the bottom of your crock pot
- Layer your potatoes, cheese, butter, bacon and onion on top of your pasta
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours
- Mix together gently and serve
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I used my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker for this yummy Easy Pierogi Casserole. For a non-casserole crock pot, I would use at least a 5 quart. The layers add up quick!
Affiliate links were used in this post.