Have you ever tried a quiche? If you are a quiche newbie or have loved it for a long time, you need to try this Ham and Cheddar Quiche for your crock pot from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker!
Aunt Lou here.
I had never had a quiche before. As I was flipping through my cookbooks to pick out recipes for us to eat this week, I came across this and it sounded too good to pass up!
Ham and Cheddar Quiche
If you haven’t ever had a quiche before, it is basically a yummy egg casserole inside a deliciously flaky pie crust. Yum!
I used my lovely casserole crock pot for this delicious Ham and Cheddar Quiche. Now, I realize everyone doesn’t have one of these babies, so you will need to cut and arrange the crust in the bottom to make a nice crust that comes a couple of inches up the side of your crock.
Here is how it started out in my casserole crock pot…
And here it is after I trimmed it up a bit to make it purdy. 😉
- 2 roll out refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 c chopped ham
- 4 green onions chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 6 eggs
- 1 c whipping cream
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- t Optional: 1/8 nutmeg
- Lightly spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Arrange your pie crusts in the bottom of your crock pot and trim (crust should overlap slightly and be about 2 inches deep)
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours
- Take your cheese, chopped green onions and ham and sprinkle evenly across your pie crust
- Mix together your eggs, whipping cream, salt, and pepper (and nutmeg if desired) and pour into your pie crust
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 1 1/2 hours until your filling is set up completely
- Uncover and let stand for 5 minutes
- Garnish with additional chopped green onions, if desired
Slow Cooker Recommendation
My new casserole crock pot was perfect for this recipe! It made laying out the crust and trimming it up a snap. It also gave this Ham and Cheddar Quiche a nice thickness. If you don’t have a casserole crock pot, I would recommend a 6 quart crock so that it isn’t too thick.
Affiliate links were used in this post.