If you are looking for a great candy recipe or a great recipe to do with the kiddos, this Rock Road Candy from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites is just what you need!
Aunt Lou here.
I have always loved the mixture of chocolate and marshmallows, so when I saw this Rocky Road Candy, I knew I couldn’t pass it up!
Rocky Road Candy
Ryder sees me cooking all the time and loves to help out. He always says, “Mommy! Are you making a recipe?” Which is always followed by, “Can I help with the recipe?”
I don’t always get to say yes since I cook with egg and raw meat a lot, but with this Rocky Road Candy recipe. I was delighted I could say yes! We had a blast stirring together and plopping them on the wax paper. The only problem was the lesson in patience on waiting for them to set up…I don’t know if it was harder for him or me! Yum!
- 12 oz pkg of milk chocolate chips
- 4 c mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 c walnuts
Place your chocolate chips in your crock pot
Cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes keeping a close eye on it and stirring occasionally
Once chocolate melted, stir in your marshmallows and walnuts gently
Turn off your crock pot and remove the crock from the base
Drop about a teaspoon of the mixture on wax paper covered cookie sheets, repeat with remaining mixture
Place in the refrigerator until set and store in an airtight container
- From Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Once again, I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. It is perfect to melt chocolate and easy to clean up! Your favorite 5-6 quart crock pot will work too. 🙂
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
Once again, I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. It is perfect to melt chocolate and easy to clean up! Your favorite 5-6 quart crock pot will work too. 🙂
Affiliate links were used in this post.