Are you looking for the perfect compliment to your breakfast or a great appetizer? These Crock Pot Bacon Brown Sugar Sausages from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites are amazing!
Aunt Lou here.
These Crock Pot Bacon Brown Sugar Sausages are brilliant! Seriously. It was one of those “why didn’t I think of that?!” moments when I read the recipe. It is so simple and so delicious!
Crock Pot Bacon Brown Sugar Sausages
Michael did have a complaint though when he saw what I was making. He said that I should have made at least 1,000 of them. After tasting them, I MIGHT have to agree with him on this one. Man, they are good!
I had a few pieces of bacon left over, so I just threw them on top…I mean, come one…brown sugar bacon? Yes, please! Then pop them in your broiler to crisp them up. Leave them for 1-2 minutes, flip and give them 1-2 minutes more. Oh. My. Yum.
- 1 lb bacon cut into thirds
- 14 oz pkg mini smoked sausages
- 1 cup brown sugar packed and divided
- Take each sausage and wrap on of your 1/3 pieces of bacon around it (securing the bacon with a wooden toothpick)
- Place half of the sausages in a layer on the bottom of your crock pot
- Take half of your brown sugar and sprinkle over the top of your sausages (cover the sausages completely)
- Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, they will be bubbly and golden when done
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I used my 3 qt crock pot because it was the only one I had left while I was crockin’ away a bunch of recipes and this was the smallest recipe. So, I actually had to do three layers. If you use a 5-6 quart crock, then you can get away with 2 layers.
Affiliate links were used in this post.