Are you looking for a delicious breakfast or dessert? Then you don’t want to miss this Crock Pot Blueberry Coffee Cake from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites. Oh. My. Yum!
Aunt Lou here.
Sooooo…let me tell you a little story.
I knew that I wanted to try out my Pampered Chef loaf pan for this one. I have some pretty big crock pots, so I was SO confident that the loaf pan would fit in any one of my big ol’ oval crock pots that I didn’t check. (Don’t do that…check first people!)
Then I noticed that this coffee cake didn’t have a topping. Weird. It just ain’t coffee cake to me without the topping. However, I am severely challenged when it comes to cutting butter into ANY-THING…while my handy-dandy pastry cutter makes it a lot easier, sometimes I like to try new things. 🙂 So I melted some butter, mixed in some brown sugar and plopped some all over the top of my cake. THEN ladies and gentlemen, I tried to put my loaf pan in my crock pot. And low-and-behold, it didn’t fit!
So THEN I had to pour my batter into a different pan (which I checked to make sure it fit before I poured the batter into it!). As you can imagine, my pretty little topping didn’t stay on top. I wasn’t about to scrap the whole thing, so I took a knife and made it a Crock Pot Blueberry Coffee Cake with a brown sugar swirl! 😉
Crock Pot Blueberry Coffee Cake
Now if you are wanting to cut back on your sugar intake, you can leave out the swirl and the topping or one of the other. I am positive it will be scrumdiddlyumptious any of those ways. I just was not going to scrap a perfectly fine cake because I wasn’t thinking and didn’t figure out my pan wouldn’t fit until it was too late. 😉
However, if you decide to have the swirl and topping, be prepared for some ooey gooey yumminess. There will be a lot of buttery deliciousness in the bottom, but just make sure your cake is done all the way through and you are good to go!
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1.5 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 c vanilla yogurt
- 2 T oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 6 oz blueberries
- 2 c hot water
- 1 T powdered sugar
- 1/4 c butter melted
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- c Optional: An additional 1/4 butter melted and 3/4 c packed brown sugar for swirl
- Mix together your flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine your egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract
- Add your egg mixture to your flour mixture and beat together until smooth
- Fold your blueberries into your batter (gently!)
- Spoon your mixture in a greased small heat safe casserole dish that will fit in your slow cooker.
- If swirl is desired, mix together 1/4 c melted butter and 3/4 c packed brown sugar and plop on top of batter
- Swirl into batter with a knife
- Mix together remaining 1/4 c melted butter and 3/4 c brown sugar and plop on top of cake batter for topping
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil
- Pour your hot water into your crock pot
- Place your dish into your crock pot
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours
- Remove your dish from your crock pot and place on a wire rack to cool
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this yummy Crock Pot Blueberry Coffee Cake, I used my Travel Crock Pot. It is one of my 6 quart slow cookers, so it was good for this recipe.
Affiliate links were used in this post.