Do you love creamy, flavorful mashed potatoes? Then I have the recipe for you! These Garlic Ranch Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes are deee-licious!
Aunt Lou here.
I am a meat and potatoes girl through and through. It is probably because I grew up in a meat and potatoes house. One of my favorite versions of potatoes as a side was mashed potatoes. I loved it when momma would make them. Fast forward to me having a family of my own. My lil guy loves mashed potatoes as much as his mommy.
Garlic Ranch Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
Brace yourself, I not only meal planned this week, but I even made up some of my own recipes! These Garlic Ranch Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes went PERFECTLY with these Crock Pot Savory Pork Cutlets. Oh. My. Yum. I had a blast starting with an idea, adding a little bit of this and a little bit of that until it was just right!
I love garlic, and I love ranch. Now I know that ranch has garlic in it, but this recipe also has fresh garlic in it, so it just works well together! Ryder was helping me taste test. He reminded me so much of his daddy when he tried the finished product. His eyes got great big, and I got a “This is SO yummy mommy!” 🙂
Now, some of you may be wondering why in the world you would put these yummy Garlic Ranch Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes in the crock pot. Why not just eat them when you get them all mixed up? Well, you could, BUT when you put them in the crock pot and let them cook together, the flavors meld together and take this recipe up a notch…or two! 😉
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 chicken bullion cubes
- 5 cups of water
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced, divided
- 1 block of cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1 oz pkg ranch dip mix
- ½ c butter
- ¼ c milk
- Put your water, 1 clove of minced garlic and bullion cubes in a large pan on the stove and bring to a boil over high heat
- Add your cubed potatoes to the pan
- Boil potatoes until they are fork tender
- Drain the water from your potatoes
- Place your potatoes in a large mixing bowl
- Add 1 clove minced garlic, cream cheese, ranch dip mix butter and milk
- Mash your potatoes while mixing everything together until the desired consistency is reached
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Spoon your potato mixture into your crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours
Slow Cooker Recommendation
These Garlic Ranch Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes fit perfectly in my 3 qt crock pot. Your favorite 3-4 quart slow cooker would be the perfect size for this yummy recipe.
Affiliate links were used in this post.