These Crock Pot Cheeseburger Sandwiches are an easy tried and true favorite that tastes similar to White Castle burgers. This recipe is a great simple weeknight dinner and is easily doubled for parties.
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
This great cRockin’ recipe can be found in Gooseberry Patch’s Rush Hour Recipes Cookbook.
UPDATED with video 🙂
I love how simple this recipe is and that you can serve it up like sloppy joes or oh! alongside some! This Crock Pot Cheeseburger Sandwiches recipe also easily doubles to feed a crowd.
A bit reminiscent of White Castles, we like to take them up a notch by serving them up on split pretzel rolls- YUM!
Speaking of pretzel rolls, are you as obsessed as we are?! It all started when we served up some Polish Mistakes on pretzel bagels and has moved on from there. Now I just buy the frozen pretzel rolls and pop them in the oven for a few minutes when we want our pretzel fix.
Anyhoo… GOODe Ole Boy (aka the Hubs) says I HAD to share this recipe with you before game day. He also said I HAD to make these again soon… he is bossy like that 😉
Adaptation Tip: These sandwiches are great as is, but if you prefer super cheesy or ultra onion, add a little extra of either to bring it to a whole new level.
Which Slow Cooker to Use?
I’m often asked which slow cooker I would use for a specific recipe. Since recipe could use a stir or two while cooking, I like to use an automatic 6 qt stirring slow cooker (although any regular slow cooker will work just fine). This particular slow cooker automatically kicks on every two hours to stir things up nicely without ever having to open the lid!
Crock Pot Cheeseburger Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 3 Cloves Garlic Pressed and Divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese cubed (or a tad bit more for a cheesier sandwich)
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- 8 Pretzel Rolls Split (or Hamburger Buns)
- Garnish- Mustard Ketchup, Mayo, Pickles, Tomato, Etc.
- Brown beef in a skillet with one clove of the garlic and seasonings.
- Drain and mix with remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also enjoy these dishes
- Air Fryer Old Bay Chicken Legs (Ninja Foodi) - January 20, 2021
- Low Carb Crock Pot Pecan Sandie Bars - January 18, 2021
- Grilled Sausage, Peppers and Onions (Ninja Foodi Grill) - January 14, 2021