This delicious Crock Pot Cherry Crisp from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites just may be the perfect dessert. Quick, easy and delicious. What more could you want from a dessert?
I come from a divided household.
My dad is a peach man through and through. He just had a birthday. Cris and I both got Dad the same thing…and he didn’t mind one bit! We both made him peach cobblers because that is the best present in Dad’s eyes. So, if you are a peach fan, feel free to use peach pie filling instead of cherry.
I, however, am a cherry girl through and through. I can remember growing up and making hobo pies while on vacation. I would always hope and pray that mom would have a can of cherry pie filling too so that I could have my favorite hobo pie over the campfire…yum! I was also greatly excited when Cris solved our divided household problem (which is even worse when you add Mikey in who is an apple man) with these Mini Pie Bites. I was so excited to finally get cherry pie!
Crock Pot Cherry Crisp
So I may get a bit excited when I see a cherry dessert…if you couldn’t tell. So when I run across a great recipe like this Crock Pot Cherry Crisp, I call dibs as soon as I see it so that big sister doesn’t make it to share with ya’ll. 😉
As I have mentioned before, I have a bit of trouble making any kind of crumble. So I was a little intimidated by the topping for this recipe. I will admit that I gave up trying to cut the butter in with two forks. I am not good at it at ALL, so I definitely didn’t have time for that. So I just dug in with my hands and lo-and-behold, it worked this time! It actually worked! Woohoo! Maybe I will get this crumble thing down after all!
- 21 oz can cherry pie filliing
- 2/3 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c old fashion oats uncooked
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/3 c butter softened
- If you haven't already, set your butter out to soften
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray
- Dump your pie filling in your slow cooker
- Mix together your brown sugar, oats, flour and vanilla
- "Cut" in your butter...or use your hands...and make a crumble
- Sprinkle this mixture over your cherry pie filling
- Cover your crock with a couple paper towels
- Place the lid over the paper towels and cook on low for 4 hours (It should be warmed through and bubbling)
Slow Cooker Recommendation
My 3 qt crock pot was the perfect size for this Crock Pot Cherry Crisp. Any 3 quart crock pot would work. You don’t want to go much bigger than that though so that it will cook up nicely and not burn.
Affiliate links were used in this post.