Do you love a good potato soup? Then you have to try this Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Soup from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites.
Aunt Lou here.
Winter is rearing it’s ugly head around here.
We still don’t have any snow, much to the disappointment of my two year old who is dying to go sledding. As soon as he sees the first flake fall, he is in his snow bibs and is begging us to grab his sled out of the garage. Unfortunately, the most we have had this year is a light dusting. However, the temperatures are dropping and the wind is cold enough to take your breath away.
Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Soup
When it is this cold, who doesn’t love a good soup!
To be perfectly honest, I am a little gun shy when it comes to potato recipes. I LOVE potatoes, but I am not good at peeling them or cutting them. However, I am happy to say that I had the prep work done for this Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Soup in no time flat! It really helps to have a good peeler, and this one is a life saver for me.
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ c onion, diced
- 32-oz container chicken broth
- 1 c water
- 3 T all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c milk
- 8-oz pkg shredded Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: sliced green onions and ¼ lb bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- Peel and cut your potatoes into cubes
- Dice about a half of a small onion until you have ½ cup
- Put potatoes and onion in your crock pot
- Add your chicken broth and water to your crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours
- Mix together your flour, salt, pepper and milk.
- Pour mixture into your crock pot and turn the heat to high
- Cover and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes
- When the soup has thickened, add your cheese and stir together until the cheese melts
- Garnish with bacon and green onions
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this amazing Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Soup, I used my Travel Crock Pot. It was the perfect size, and I love that I could set the timer and not have to worry about watching the clock. Any 6 quart slow cooker would work though.
Affiliate links were used in this post.