Mmm… cinnamon rolls! I love cinnamon rolls and love them even more when they are a snap to make with ingredients I have at my house! So these Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites were right up my alley!
Aunt Lou here.
I am a breakfast girl through and through. I would be perfectly fine eating breakfast for all three of my meals. I love the flavor (and sweetness of some recipes) and how many of the recipes are easy peasy to throw together!
I actually made Pioneer Woman’s Cinnamon Rolls for a work birthday party back when Michael and I met. I had an extra pan of rolls and gave it to him. He asked me out on our first date within an hour. I didn’t know it at the time, but it turned out that the way to Michael’s heart definitely was through his stomach. Those cinnamon rolls are an all day venture though…just ask Cris. Michael had just returned from a vacation with some of his family and invited me over, but I had to wait for the rolls rise and rise before I could even get to the other steps of the recipe. I don’t know who was more ready for me to go see Michael…me or Cris. I was driving her crazy with how antsy I was. 🙂
Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls
Never fear though! These Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls are so easy to throw together. And better yet, the ingredients are most likely already in your fridge and cabinets!
I did alter the icing recipe a bit because we are huge fans of almond extract (and from experience I can say that it is worth it to spend the extra money and not get the imitation…oh my!). Cris gave me the idea to use almond extract to alter PW’s cinnamon roll icing and then I used almond extract in the icing for these oober delicious Lightning Bars, so I couldn’t resist with these Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls. Yum!
Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 11.25 oz refrigerated biscuits (1.5 - 7.5 oz tubes)
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray
- Melt your butter in a microwave safe bowl or large coffee mug (one big enough to fit a biscuit in the bottom)
- Add vanilla and stir well
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl
- Dip each biscuit in butter mixture until well coated
- Place coated biscuit in brown sugar mixture and coat well
- Then put the biscuit in your slow cooker
- Repeat until the bottom of your slow cooker is covered
- Layer 2-3 paper towels on top of your crock, cover and cook on low for 2 hours
- For icing, mix together milk, powdered sugar and almond extract until smooth
- Drizzle icing over rolls before serving
Slow Cooker Recommendation
My West Bend 6-Quart Round Slow Cooker was perfect for this recipe since it is round. I would guess that even an oval 6 quart slow cooker would work though. They don’t fill up the crock, but you need the space to make them fit on one layer.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Creamy Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops - May 29, 2023
- Ninja Foodi BBQ Chicken Tenders - May 29, 2023
- Budget Meal Plan: Week 33 - May 29, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
I don’t understand the papertowel thing, on the top and outside of the crockpot? and why? thanks, can’t wait to try these
Aunt Lou says
The paper towel goes on top of the crock and under the lid. It catches the condensation that would otherwise drip on top of your rolls. They are so yummy! Enjoy!