This Crock Pot Chicken Stuffing Casserole from Gooseberry Patch’s 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes is a lot like a Cris’ family favorite Chicken Stuffing Casserole, but just a smidge different. It became an instant family favorite in my house too!
Aunt Lou here.
I had a house full of people helping us paint our new house. The deal was that if they provided the help, I would provide the food. Well, this Crock Pot Chicken Stuffing Casserole was a HUGE hit. There is one small problem though, they didn’t leave me any to photograph!
Dern the bad luck! I just had to make it again! I actually ended up making it again while we were on vacation. I love that we can have home cooked meals while staying on the beach, all I have to do is bring my crock pot!
CROCK POT CHICKEN STUFFING CASSEROLE
My little man loves stuffing. So I knew this would be in instant hit with him. He is a pretty good eater, but sometimes he gets stuck in a rut. I paired this Crock Pot Chicken Stuffing Casserole with some veggies, and I had a complete meal the entire family loved!
Now when you first get this Crock Pot Chicken Stuffing Casserole out of the crock pot, it seems to have a ton of moisture, but don’t worry. It sets up beautifully and is so delicious!
Crock Pot Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- 12 oz chicken stuffing mix (2-6 oz pkgs)
- 32.25 oz cream of chicken soup (3-10.75 oz cans) divided
- ½ cups milk
- 3.5 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Make up your stuffing mixes according to the directions on the box
- Put your prepared stuffing in your crock pot
- Take 2 of your cans of cream of chicken soup and stir into your stuffing
- In a large bowl, stir together your chicken, milk and last can of soup
- Add your chicken mixture to your crock pot
- Sprinkle your cheese on top
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this delicious Crock Pot Chicken Stuffing Casserole, I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. I can’t say enough about how important it is to have a slow cooker that cooks evenly…or to at least know how your slow cooker cooks. I know I can rely on my dear ol’ Sir Hamilton to cook evenly, so that is one of the reasons why I use it so much.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Creamy Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops - May 29, 2023
- Ninja Foodi BBQ Chicken Tenders - May 29, 2023
- Budget Meal Plan: Week 33 - May 29, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
hi, could we put some veg. lie onion and mushrom.
Aunt Lou says
It would be worth a try! You might want to sauté the onion first and chop the mushrooms. Let us know how it turns out! Enjoy!
If this recipe is going to be cooking in the crock pot for hours, why would the cut up chicken need to be cooked before? Can’t you put raw chicken in?
Aunt Lou says
Browning it ahead of time gives it a nice flavor, but you could add the chicken raw as long as you make sure to check the doneness of your chicken and adjust your cooking time to make sure the chicken is fully cooked.