This Crock Pot Chocolate Cherry Heaven from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites is like a little piece of heaven! Seriously. It. Is. Amazing.
Aunt Lou here.
Everyone knows I am a sweets person. Michael, however, is not. We seriously went to a work function of mine once and instead of having a piece of the delicious desserts that were offered, Michael went up for another piece of brisket! He’s weird, but I think I’ll keep him. 😉
When I made up a bowl of this, I asked if he wanted some. He shrugged his shoulders and said he would just have a bite of mine. So I gave him a bite and got the patented “eyebrow raise and MMMMMMMMM” that means I had hit the jackpot with a recipe. Then I promptly walked into the other room before he tried to eat all of mine. He could get his own bowl!
Crock Pot Chocolate Cherry Heaven
This is one of those recipes that are just crazy easy to make. Ryder helped me cut the butter together with my pastry blender and had a blast. We are in the “I wanna do it by myself” phase (jealous aren’t ya!), so I got it started and let him finish it up (with close supervision). Even with the “help” of a two-year-old, I had this ready to go in now time flat.
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 18½ oz pkg chocolate cake mix
- ½ c butter
- Garnish: vanilla ice cream
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Distribute your cherry pie filling evenly across the bottom and set aside
- Cut together your cake mix and butter in a bowl until crumbly
- Pour your cake mix mixture over the pie filling
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours
- Serve while still warm and top it with a scoop of ice cream
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this little piece of heaven, I used my West Bend 6-Quart Round Slow Cooker. I thought it might come out all pretty, but it is best just to scoop it up and not care about how pretty it is. I promise it doesn’t hurt the taste AT ALL! Your favorite 5-6 slow cooker will work great.
Affiliate links were used in this post.