Do you love the flavors of orange and cranberry in the morning? You have to try our Crock Pot Cranberry Orange Roll Casserole!
Of all the “roll” casseroles I make, this one is Mikey’s very favorite. I love how easy it is to throw together and how it keeps a great texture and flavor as a leftover. We make it all the time for breakfast or for dessert. It is a great way to dress up a couple packs of orange rolls.
Psst… If you’d like to see a fun video of our French Toast Cinnamon Roll Casserole, I added it here:
While I still need to try that substitution, I decided adding walnuts and cranberries instead of pecans in the French Toast Cinnamon Roll Casserole would pair nicely with an orange roll and so Crock Pot Cranberry Orange Roll Casserole was born!
Crock Pot Cranberry Orange Roll Casserole Notes
- I have used both my 9 x13 casserole crock pot and my 6 qt Cuisinart Slow Cooker to make this recipe at different times and both baked it up beautifully.
- Like any new-to-you recipe, I highly recommended that you try this recipe for the first time when you have time to watch it and note how long it takes your specific slow cooker to make it. Cooking times will vary and all times on this site are only a basic guideline.
- “Baking” in a crock pot is a little different than baking in an oven. The bottom and sides will get golden, NOT the top or center. You are looking for golden sides and a “set” middle where the rolls are cooked through and no longer doughy inside when you pull a piece a part… think “center” of a cinnamon roll done. Tender but cooked through.
- ¾ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- ⅔ Cup Brown Sugar- Packed
- ½ Cup Butter- Melted
- ½ Cup Non-Fat PLAIN Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 12 oz Pillsbury Orange Rolls- quartered
- ¼ c Cranberries
- Combine all ingredients -except orange rolls- in a large bowl.
- Quarter orange rolls and toss in mixture. (Reserve icing packets).
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Pour mixture into 6 qt slow cooker or casserole crockpotand cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 2½ to 3 hours until sides are golden brown and rolls are set.
- Drizzle icing packets on top and serve
NOTE: It is highly recommended you first try this recipe when you are able to keep a close eye on it. Every slow cooker cooks differently, so the times listed are just a guide. For more tips on making successful breakfast slow cooker recipes, please see our tip series.