Are you looking for the perfect crock pot recipe for a busy holiday morning or the everyday? THIS. This Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll French Toast is one of my all time favorite breakfast (and dessert) recipes!
Cris here. I am head over heels about this recipe. I took one of my favorite ways to dress up some cinnamon rolls in the oven and converted it to a crock pot recipe that I adore. About a year ago I shared with you our very popular Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole… but I have a big confession… This recipe–the Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll French Toast recipe —not the uber-popular one— is what I will be making my family this holiday season (and all other times I can get away with dessert for breakfast 😉 ).
I think I may like this recipe even better than the oven version– I definitely like to have the slow cooker option that is for sure!
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll French Toast Notes
- I used my favorite non-stick 6 qt Crock Pot for this dish and it worked perfectly. If you have a ceramic crock, you may want to use a slow cooker liner because things could get a bit sticky.
- I used non-fat PLAIN Greek Yogurt. Do not use flavored Greek Yogurt. If you need to substitute something, use Sour Cream as a substitute.
- This would likely do well in the Casserole Crock Pot, but I have not tried it, so you will need to watch it closely the first time you try it in that unit and adjust time as needed. (I will update once I try it in my Casserole Crock.)
- Update: I much prefer this recipe in a regular slow cooker instead of the casserole crock. I feel like it bakes up better in a traditional slow cooker.
- Update: Many readers have noted that this recipe takes around 4 hours for them. All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
Quick Cooking Video of Crock Pot French Toast Cinnamon Roll Casserole
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar- Packed
- 1/2 Cup Butter- Melted
- 1/2 Cup Non-Fat PLAIN Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 12 oz Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls- quartered
Combine all ingredients -except cinnamon rolls- in a large bowl.
Quarter cinnamon rolls and toss in mixture. (Reserve icing packets).
Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
Pour mixture into 6 qt slow cooker and cover with lid.
Cook on low for 2 1/2 to 4 hours until sides are golden brown and rolls are set.
Drizzle icing packets on top and serve
Affiliate links were used in this post.