Have you ever made tomato soup with fresh tomatoes? Check out this Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup recipe that was given to us by a reader. (Thanks Bill!)
Aunt Lou here.
Cris recently made this yummy Homemade Tomato Soup, and we received an email from Bill telling us that he had a great tomato soup recipe too. Cris asked if I wanted to give this recipe a try, and I couldn’t wait!
Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup
- 8 medium tomatoes quartered or smaller cuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup water
- Cut your butter into pats and place in your crock pot on low so they will melt
- Add in your diced onion
- Place half of your tomato chunks in your blender and add 1 cup of water
- Cover and puree your tomatoes until smooth and pour in your crock pot (leave a little puree in the blender)
- Place the second half of your tomato chunks in your blender and puree until smooth (add additional water if needed) and pour in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours
- Reduce your heat to low and stir in your salt, pepper and cream. (Add more water if necessary.)
- Cover and cook on low another 20 minutes.
- Serve with wedges of Southern honey cornbread, Mexican Cornbread or your favorite bread/sandwich
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
Now I know this will be a complete shock, but I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. Your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker will work too. 😉 I can’t help but play favorites…this slow cooker just makes my life so much easier by being cleaned up with no effort at all!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Crock Pot Savory Sweet Chicken - March 16, 2023
- Homemade Caramel Apple Cake - March 15, 2023
- Budget Meal Plan: Week 25 - March 15, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
Daryll Kelsey says
Hi, I’m wondering if this can be made in a pressure cooker on my Ninja Foodi? If so, do you have any of the times required to make it?
Aunt Lou says
I haven’t tried this recipe in an electric pressure cooker. I do not want to make a recommendation on times without trying it first. We will add it to the list of recipes to try in an electric pressure cooker. If you give it a try first, let me know how it goes!