Have you ever made tomato soup with fresh tomatoes? Check out this Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup recipe that was given to us by a reader. (Thanks Bill!)
Aunt Lou here.
Cris recently made this yummy Homemade Tomato Soup, and we received an email from Bill telling us that he had a great tomato soup recipe too. Cris asked if I wanted to give this recipe a try, and I couldn’t wait!
- 7 - 9 medium tomatoes quartered or smaller cuts
- 1/4 c butter
- salt/pepper to taste
- small onion diced
- pint heavy whipping cream
- approx. 1 c water
- Cut your butter into pats and place in your crock pot on low so they will melt
- Add in your diced onion
- Place half of your tomato chunks in your blender and add 1 cup of water
- Cover and puree your tomatoes until smooth and pour <g class="gr_ gr_372 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar multiReplace" id="372" data-gr-id="372">in</g> your crock pot (leave a little puree in the blender)
- Place the second half of your tomato chunks in your blender and puree until smooth (add additional water if needed) and pour in <g class="gr_ gr_374 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="374" data-gr-id="374">crock</g> pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours
- Reduce your heat to low and stir in your salt, pepper and cream. (Add more water if necessary.)
- Cover and cook on low another 20 minutes.
- Serve with wedges of Southern honey cornbread, Mexican Cornbread or your favorite bread/sandwich
Slow Cooker Recommendation
Now I know this will be a complete shock, but I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. Your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker will work too. 😉 I can’t help but play favorites…this slow cooker just makes my life so much easier by being cleaned up with no effort at all!
Affiliate links were used in this post.