If you love a soup that is incredibly flavorful and scrumdiddlyumptious, then you simply must try this Crock Pot Minestrone Soup! Yummy with a capital Y!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love
Aunt Lou here.
Cris and I were out with Momma on our annual shopping trip, which always includes a stop at Olive Garden for lunch. While we were there, Cris mentioned to me that we needed to do make minestrone for you good folks. I have heard of minestrone before, but I had never had it, so I had no idea what I was in for. What I was in for is an amazing soup! I’m loving this Crock Pot Minestrone Soup recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes.
Crock Pot Minestrone Soup Notes:
- Have I ever mentioned that I live in the middle of no-where (and like it that way!)? Well, one of the parts of living in the middle of corn fields and woods is that you don’t always get to use the precise ingredients you want. The original recipe called for small shells, we could only find regular shells. (Psst…it tastes good anyway!)
- I know that minestrone doesn’t usually have any meat in it. However, we are a meat lovin’ family, so we added in a pound of ground mild sausage. It was yuuuuummmy! If you prefer to not have any meat in your minestrone, feel free to leave it out!
- My Programmable Travel Crock Pot did a fine job on this Crock Pot Minestrone Soup. Your favorite 5-6 quart crock pot will work great!
- 1/4 cup Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot peeled and sliced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15.5 oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 14 oz cans vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1.5-2 cups small shell pasta uncooked
- lb Optional: 1 ground mild sausage browned and drained
- Optional: fresh grated Parmesan or 4 cheese Italian blend
Put everything besides your pasta in your 5-6 quart crock pot (I used my Programmable Travel Crock Pot)
Give it a good stir
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
Pour your uncooked pasta into your soup and stir
Cover and cook in high for an additional 30 minutes (it is done when your pasta is tender)
Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan or 4-cheese Italian blend, if desired