If you are in the mood for a delicious cake that is super easy to make, then I have a treat for you! This Crock Pot Strawberry Cream Cake is so simple to make, yet will leave everyone wanting more.
Aunt Lou here.
I needed to make something for our small group potluck and had no idea what to make. So I opened up the cabinets and saw a strawberry cake mix. Of course, I was instantly started thinking of how I could use my crock pot with this cake mix, and the result was this yummy Crock Pot Strawberry Cream Cake! Everyone raved about how good it was!
Crock Pot Strawberry Cream Cake
This is super easy to make! All you have to do is prepare your cake mix per the instructions on the box, whip up a quick cream mixture, pour in your cake mix, plop on your cream, swirl with a knife…bing, bang boom! Top it off with some cool whip and you have a dish that you won’t even have a crumb left of after a potluck!
Now as this cake is baking up, the cream part will look like it is shrinking and then disappear! It kinda scared me, but it doesn’t just up and walk away, all the creamy goodness is just hidden away inside!
- 15.25 oz strawberry cake mix, prepared
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- topping: 12 oz tub cool whip
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Prepare your cake mix per the instructions on the box
- Mix together your cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth
- Pour your prepared cake mix into your crock pot and distribute evenly
- Take a spoon and drop spoonfuls of your cream cheese mixture all over your batter
- Drag a knife through your cream cheese mixture and batter to create a cream cheese "swirl"
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2 hours, until it passes the toothpick test
- Remove your lid and let the cake cool completely
- Top with cool whip
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this, won’t-bring-any-leftovers-home-from-a-potluck Crock Pot Strawberry Cream Cake, I used my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot. It is absolutely perfect for making up a cake or casserole or a whole lot of other recipes! (Can you tell I like my casserole slow cooker? 😉 )
Affiliate links were used in this post.