It’s football season! And what football party is complete without some good ol’ chicken wings?! You are in luck with these Crock Pot Teriyaki Wings from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooking All Year ‘Round. They are delicious and fall off the bone tender!
In case you missed it, I told you all about Michael’s love for buffalo chicken and my Buffalo Chicken Leg recipe over on Goodeness Gracious recently. Since we had just buffalo chicken and the wings in the freezer were wanting used (they told me so), I decided to try out these Crock Pot Teriyaki Wings to satisfy Michael’s craving for wings this week.
And they most certainly did not disappoint! They were super yummy and literally fell off the bone they were so tender! Luckily, we had a huge pack of wings or else I do believe Michael wouldn’t have shared!
Crock Pot Teriyaki Wings
To start with, I thawed out my wings and cut them apart.
This was my first experience with cutting chicken apart. Crazy, I know! You would think that sometime in my life I would have done it…but nope. It was a challenge at first, but by the time I was halfway done with the pack of 14, I had ‘er down!
While I was cutting up my chicken, I got the oil started on the stove. As always, I recommend putting a couple of skillets on the stove to hurry up the browning process.
Once your skillets and oil are ready, throw in your chicken and brown it on all sides. I had to do two and a half batches in my two skillets to get all 28 browned, but it worked.
Transfer the browned wings into the crockpot (without any drippings or extra grease).
Combine all the other ingredients in a saucepan and warm them up on the stove, stirring occasionally.
Note: This sauce has 1 1/2 cups of soy sauce in it. That is a LOT of soy sauce, so I would recommend using a low sodium soy sauce. I remember when Michael and I bought our last bottle of soy sauce. We joked that we would never use it before the expiration date (and Michael is a stickler for sell by and expiration dates…let’s not even talk about eggs!). Well by golly, it is gone now!
Once the sauce is heated, pour over the top of the wings. (The sauce will not cover the wings completely.)
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, until the juices run clear when pierced.
These were a serious hit in my house! Michael ate way too many because they were so yummy, so you have been warned! Enjoy!
- 4 lbs Chicken Wings
- 3 Tablespoons Oil Divided 1 1/2 T for each skillet, or just 1 1/2 T for one skillet
- 1.5 cups Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Cut wings apart
- Pour oil into skillet on stove and heat over medium-high heat
- Brown chicken on all sides
- Transfer the browned wings into the crockpot (without any drippings or extra grease)
- Combine all the other ingredients in a saucepan and warm them up on the stove, stirring occasionally
- Once the sauce is heated, pour over the top of the wings (The sauce will not cover the wings completely)
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, until the juices run clear when pierced
Affiliate links were used in this post.