Are you looking for a recipe that is so easy to throw together and so tasty that everyone will ask you for the recipe? Our Crock Pot Tex Mex Chicken Tacos are a home run and super simple to make!
NOW UPDATED with a Video and Short-Cut 😉
I must confess… in the last month… I have made this recipe no less than 5 times. It is safe to say, I think these Crock Pot Tex Mex Chicken Tacos are crazy good. Also? This is one of my favorite kind of recipes… dump and go. You simply must try it. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. 😉
Crock Pot Tex Mex Chicken Tacos: A Few Notes
- I regularly use frozen chicken breasts in this recipe, however, when I am in a time crunch, I throw in pre-cooked frozen grilled chicken breast strips instead and the dish will be ready in 1-2 hours.
- I like to use a can of northern beans and a can of black beans, but you could use any kind of beans you like.
- We love to use the mini and regular size soft taco boats, but we have also just thrown this on regular flour tortillas or nachos. It would also make great quesadillas.
- This recipe typically takes 3-4 hours on high. You will know it is done when the chicken easily pulls apart using two forks. If the chicken is tough, cook a little longer.
- I have used everything from my 4 qt slow cooker to my 6 qt wifi crock pot to make this recipe. However, as always, please make sure that the first time you try this recipe when you have time to adjust the time for your unit.
Crock Pot Tex Mex Chicken Tacos
- 4 Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 16 oz Salsa
- 15 oz Northern Beans- Drained and Rinsed
- 15 oz Black Beans- Drained and Rinsed
- 11 oz Mexi-Corn- Drained and Rinsed
- 1 T pkg Taco Seasoning or 4 Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Serve with Taco Boats or Tortillas and Shredded Cheese
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken easily pulls apart with two forks.
- Shred meat and stir well.
- Serve with Taco Boatsor Tortillas and Shredded Cheese
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Her site Recipes That Crock is dedicated to helping everyone find delicious recipes to serve their families every month.