If you are looking for an awesome recipe that will have everyone singing your praises, check out this Crock Pot White Chicken Chili from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooker Christmas Favorites!
Aunt Lou here.
I made up this delicious Crock Pot White Chicken Chili for a group of high school girls and barely had enough left to feed Michael a bowl when he got home!
Crock Pot White Chicken Chili Notes
- For this Crock Pot White Chicken Chili, I used Sir Hamilton (my FAVORITE Hamilton Beach 6-quart Slow Cooker).
- You can “prep” this the night before by cooking and cubing your chicken, chopping your onion and mincing your garlic. Then the next morning you can just dump and go!
- Even if you aren’t a fan of green chiles, toss ’em in! They add to the flavor of this fabulous chili but aren’t overwhelming. If you ARE a fan of green chiles, you might add in a bit more. You can customize this Crock Pot White Chicken Chili to fit your taste!
Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 64 oz Great Northern beans (4-16 oz cans) drained and rinsed
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- Put all of your ingredients, except for your cheese, in your crock pot and give it a good stir
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours
- For the last hour, turn your heat down to low
- Once your chili is done, stir in 1.5 cups of your cheese and let stand until cheese is completely melted
- Serve topped with remaining cheese
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Crock Pot Savory Sweet Chicken - March 16, 2023
- Homemade Caramel Apple Cake - March 15, 2023
- Budget Meal Plan: Week 25 - March 15, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
Glenn Manning says
I am a widower and cook only for myself I usually like to make a large amount and freeze most for future meals. I use a 8.5 crock and like to make it fairly full.
You normally give the servings in your recipes. I have no idea how to scale the quantities for increased volume. It would be really helpful if you could add the resulting cooked quantity in volume (quarts, for example) to allow for scaling ingredients. Regards!
Aunt Lou says
Most of our recipes could be doubled to fill up your 8.5-quart crock pot, UNLESS it states in the post that it fills up our 6-quart crock pot. Then you could use your larger crock pot with the stated recipe, but adjust your cook time as needed. You can definitely double any recipe we use our 3 or 4-quart crock pots. I hope this helps! Enjoy!
This chili sounds so good. I’m going to make it this week after going to the store. It’s only me so I will either half the recipe or make the full recipe and freeze some.
I just listened to Mikey’s church song- updated version of The Old Rugged Cross. I have always loved that helm but I really loved hearing the updated version. MIkey has a beautiful voice and I enjoy listening to his church songs. I do now use Facebook so I am commenting here. I also enjoy watching him cooking your recipes. I know you don’t want to hear this but I will order a T-shirt if you decide to sell them.