Do you love to bring slow cooker meatballs to a potluck or pitch-in? These French Onion Meatballs are a great twist on the traditional crock pot staple.
French Onion Meatballs
When I first saw this recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooking All Year ‘Round I thought to myself it can’t be that easy, can it?
Literally two ingredients to a quick and fantastic appetizer? It might be decent, but it couldn’t be that great, could it?
UPDATED now with a video from Mikey!
Then I whipped it up in my 3-Pot Buffet Slow Cooker along with my Easy Party Meatballs and a great dip during Crock Pot Week. I served them all up at a gathering and the one recipe my guests asked about all night long was that “recipe for the French Onion Meatballs.”
I almost blushed at how easy it was… ya know, food blogger that I am 😉
But then everyone was so thrilled to hear how simple it was to whip up a batch and I realized that once again, the simple things are often the best things when it comes to making yummy food!
French Onion Meatballs
- 24 oz Bag Frozen Meatballs (32 oz bag if you want more)
- 21 oz French Onion Soup (2 - 10.5 oz cans)
- Combine ingredients in a crockpot and heat on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hrs.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
In a Hurry?
Ever forget to turn on that slow cooker recipe ahead of time? No worries with this recipe place your microwave safe crock without a lid in the microwave and heat for 6 minutes at a time, stirring in between until the French Onion Meatballs are heated through. Then just place your slow cooker on warm and you are all set! Speedy slow cooking 😉
- BBQ Chicken Legs
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Cheesy Sausage Spinach Dip
- Easy Party Meatballs
- Pineapple Baked Beans
Do you have a favorite slow cooker meatball recipe? Do share!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #8 - March 20, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #4 - March 13, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #1 - March 8, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
Hey! I brag on y’all all the time! Try this, French onion meatball subs. Good rolls, slices of fav cheese ( tried provolone, swiss, and gouda) top with meatballs and serve with a dish of the juice on the side to dip it in. Thanks for all the great fun and great ideas guys!
Aunt Lou says
Thank you so much for your kind words Michelle! They are greatly appreciated. That sounds like an awesome way to eat these meatballs. Yum!
John King says
I’ve made this many times for potlucks – Two additions is that I add about 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere to the soup and also stir in about a cup of red wine – usually a Bordeaux. Stir together before adding it to the crock pot.
Aunt Lou says
Those additions sound delicious! Thanks for letting us know!
Mikey Goode says
Hands down the best meatballs for any party!!!