Ninja Foodi Chicken Chile Verde Soup is an easy electric pressure cooker soup recipe. Frozen chicken to flavorful soup in under an hour, this low carb soup recipe is one of our favorites!
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Chile Verde in an Electric Pressure Cooker
Today we are sharing one of our favorite electric pressure cooker soups, Ninja Foodi Chicken Chile Verde, that is based off of one of our favorite crock pot soups that is based off of another favorite soup.
Blogger Behind the Scenes Note: That right there is how you know we absolutely LOVE a recipe. We begin building all kinds of additional delicious recipes off of our favorites.
Do I have to use a Ninja Foodi Electric Pressure Cooker?
You can use any brand electric pressure cooker to make this recipe. I feel like this low carb soup really holds up in flavor throughout the pressure cooking process. It produces a savory, hearty soup every time with a perfect smoky bacon flavor that pairs perfectly with the lime.
The Ninja Foodi does make crisping up your bacon ahead of time a bit easier. If desired, you can air crisp your bacon in the Foodi before cooking the soup. You can also use the rendered bacon fat in the bottom of your pot instead of the butter.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Chile Verde Soup (Low Carb)
- 16 oz Jar Salsa Verde
- 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken frozen
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Anaheim Chile Peppers Seeded and Chopped (Could also use Poblano)
- 1.5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 oz Can Chopped Green Chilies Undrained
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Minced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Sour Cream plus garnish
- 6 Slices Crisp Bacon
- Garnish: Guacamole or avocado Sour Cream, Lime Wedges
- Place all ingredients in a 6- 8 quart electric pressure cooker except sour cream, bacon and garnish.
- Cook under high pressure for 15 minutes, then naturally release for 15 minutes before quick releasing.
- Carefully shred chicken with two forks and stir into soup.
- Stir in one cup of sour cream.
- Serve in bowls and top with garnish.
- We adapted this recipe from our Crock Pot Pork Chili Verde Soup (Low Carb)(inspired by a recipe found in Easy Low-Carb Slow Cooking).
- Here is the crock pot version of this soup: Crock Pot Chicken Chile Verde
- You can crisp your bacon in your Ninja Foodi by using these steps before cooking this soup. How to Cook Bacon in a Ninja Foodi
- While we use the Ninja Foodi, you can make this in any brand electric pressure cooker (i.e. Instant Pot)
- We prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs in this recipe, but you can use chicken breasts if you prefer. You will just need to keep an eye on it the first time you make it to make sure you do not overcook your chicken.
- We use our favorite guacamole recipe as a garnish in this soup.
- If you are looking for more low carb recipes, you can find them here: Low Carb Recipes
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own unit and time adjusted as needed.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also enjoy these dishes