Do you love one-pot-dinners as much as we do? I am all about making life easier and this Pot Roast and Dumplings from Gooseberrry Patch’s 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes does just that!
Aunt Lou here.
We just bought a new house, so life has been beyond crazy around here! So when I see a recipe that gives me a full meal for my family in one recipe, you know I am going to make it!
Pot Roast and Dumplings
I love my bread. I love my pot roast. I love my potatoes. While I may not love carrots, Ryder and Michael sure do! And this Pot Roast and Dumplings combines all of those loves into one great meal! Score one for this crazy, busy mom!
- 2 c baby carrots
- 5 potatoes peeled and halved
- 4 lb beef chuck roast
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c water
- 1 oz pkg onion soup mix
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Put your carrots and potatoes in the bottom of your crock pot (I used this one)
- Put your roast on top of your carrots and potatoes
- Sprinkle your salt, pepper and garlic on top of your roast
- Mix together your water and soup mix in a separate bowl and pour over your roast
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- See dumpling recipe for instructions
- Serve dumplings with roast, potatoes and carrots
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- ½ t salt
- 3 T baking powder
- 1 c light cream
- Sift all of your dry ingredients
- Add your cream and mix together swiftly making a medium-soft batter
- Drain off most of your broth from your crock pot into a large pot
- Bring your broth to a boil over medium-high heat
- Take a teaspoon of dumpling batter and drop into your boiling broth, repeat with all dumpling batter
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this yummy Pot Roast and Dumplings recipe, I used my 6 Quart Crock Pot with Ceramic Coated Pot. I have found that it cooks evenly and is a snap to clean up, so it is quickly becoming one of my go-to crock pots to use!
Affiliate links were used in this post.