Are you looking for a great breakfast recipe? Then you don’t want to miss this Savory Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites.
Aunt Lou here.
I make a ton of recipes. While Michael and I enjoy almost all of them, I cherish the recipes that Ryder also slaps his seal of approval on. This Savory Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole was one of them. As he was eating it (for dinner), he just kept saying, “This is REALLY good Mommy! Good job!” Music to a mother’s ears!
Savory Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
This recipe would be great for when you have company over or made up at the beginning of the week to provide breakfast for your family all week. It makes a BUNCH and it is delicious!
Now the original recipe said to cook on low for 8-9 hours, until set. However, mine was done just before 6 hours were up. So, I would recommend watching your crock pot the first time around to see which end of the spectrum your timing falls on. Actually, I recommend that for every recipe when you make it the first time. It just saves a lot of heartache. 😉
- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage cooked and drained
- 14 slices of bread torn into quarters
- 2 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 <g class="gr_ gr_85 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="85" data-gr-id="85">doz</g> eggs beaten
- 2 1/4 c milk
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Layer half of your bread in the bottom of your crock pot
- Top with half of your sausage and half of your cheese
- Repeat your layers with the second half of bread, sausage and cheese
- Vigorously mix together the remaining ingredients
- Pour them over layers in your crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I used my Travel Crock Pot for this recipe. It was perfect because of how deep it is. I definitely would not use a crock pot smaller than 6 quarts. This is one massive recipe!
Affiliate links were used in this post.