It is Spring Break time around here and this Crock Pot Monkey Bread from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites is a great recipe to make on your own or with the kids!
Aunt Lou here.
Everyone knows I have a sweet tooth and a crazy love for cinnamon. So this Crock Pot Monkey Bread was screaming my name for sure!
Crock Pot Monkey Bread
Ryder helped me out with this one. Since he is still pretty small, he just helped me measure ingredients and stir the sugar and cinnamon mixture together (again and again and again! 🙂 ), but kids a little older would have fun helping to coat the biscuit pieces as well!
Now here is where you get the real gem…you can learn from my experience! Be sure there isn’t ANYTHING important around when you flip this out onto the plate/platter. I may or may not have gotten the ooey gooey goodness that was in my crock pot onto a favorite sweatshirt, the floor, the table, a couple of kitchen towel and the stove. Just maybe. But oh it was worth it! Yum!
Crock Pot Monkey Bread
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar packed
- 1 T cinnamon
- 4 tubes of 7 1/2 oz refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 c butter melted
- 1/3 c apple juice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Lightly coat your slow cooker with cooking spray
- Combine your sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl
- Take 2 tablespoons and sprinkle evenly across the bottom of your slow cooker
- Cut your biscuits into fourths and coat in sugar mixture
- Place coated biscuit pieces in your slow cooker
- Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture on top of biscuits
- Mix together your butter, apple juice and vanilla in a bowl
- Pour lightly over biscuits
- Cover and cook on low for 2 - 2 1/2 hours
- Take the lid off of your slow cooker and let it stand for 15 minutes
- Place a serving plate on top of your slow cooker and flip Crock Pot Monkey Bread onto the plate
- Let it stand for at least 15-20 <g class="gr_ gr_92 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="92" data-gr-id="92">minutes,</g> until cooled, before serving
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I used my West Bend 6-Quart Round Slow Cooker for my Crock Pot Monkey Bread. The round shape was what I needed for this recipe, so it worked perfectly. Any 5-6 quart crock would work.
Affiliate links were used in this post.