Have Italiano with no muss and no fuss with this Crock Pot Italian Mozzarella Chicken from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites…a recipe that just so happened to be submitted by fellow blogger, Cindy of Hun…What’s For Dinner?…how cool is that?! It is delizioso!
Aunt Lou here.
I love a good recipe that is super simple…don’t you? This Crock Pot Italian Mozzarella Chicken is just that and oh-so good! Not to mention that my house smells fab-u-lous because of this recipe!
UPDATED with a Quickie Cooking Video from Mikey.
Crock Pot Italian Mozzarella Chicken
I love that the chicken goes into the broiler at the end. It perfectly melts the cheese…so it not only looks amazing, it tastes amazing too!
Michael couldn’t get enough of this recipe. He likes most of the recipes I make, but occasionally he really, really loves a recipe and it becomes one he begs me to make again and again. I do believe this Crock Pot Italian Mozzarella Chicken has made that list now. And I am completely okay with that! I’m all about easy recipes being on that list! 🙂
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- ¾ t dried oregano
- ¾ t dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1½ c mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz pkg penne pasta, cooked
- ⅓ c green olives with pimentos, chopped
- ¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasonings on both sides
- Place seasoned chicken breasts in a lightly greased crock pot
- Sprinkle garlic evenly on top of the chicken breasts and cover with marinara sauce
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, chicken should be cooked through and tender
- Place chicken breasts on a lightly greased baking sheet and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, set aside
- Add your olives and Parmesan cheese to your sauce in your crock pot, stir and heat through
- Place your baking sheet with your chicken in your broiler for 2-3 mins until the cheese is melted and golden (keep a close watch so it doesn't burn)
- Pour your sauce over your cooked pasta and mix well
- Serve chicken over pasta
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I cooked this Crock Pot Italian Mozzarella Chicken in my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. Any 5-6 quart slow cooker would work just fine, this one is just SO easy to clean that I am in love with it. 😉
Linked to Hunk of Meat Monday
Affiliate links were used in this post.