Do you want a recipe that your family delights in the taste? That was exactly the reaction to this Savory Pot Roast from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker at my house!
Aunt Lou here.
We love beef in our house. However, beef ain’t cheap. BUT when we started looking at what it cost to go out to eat just one dinner that you may or may not have leftovers for one lunch versus how many meals we could get out of a roast or other beef recipe, we figured that beef isn’t so expensive after all!
Savory Pot Roast
This was yet another recipe that was ah-mazing!
When Michael tried the first bite of this Savory Pot Roast, his eyes got really big. Then he said, “Good job honey!” That is a sure sign of a great recipe around here!
- 3-4 lb beef chuck roast
- ½ t meat tenderizer
- pepper to taste
- 1 t olive oil
- 10 ¾ oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ oz pkg onion soup mix
- ½ c merlot wine or beef broth
- Take your roast and sprinkle your pepper and meat tenderizer all over
- Pour your oil in a skillet (or your slow cooker insert if you have one that is safe to use on the stove top) and heat over medium heat until hot
- Place your roast in your hot oil and brown on all sides
- Put your roast in your slow cooker (or if you used your stovetop safe insert, place it back in your slow cooker base)
- Mix together your soup, soup mix, wine or broth and pour all over your roast
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Place your roast on a serving platter and serve warm
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I used Cera (my new 6 Quart Crock Pot with Ceramic Coated Pot) for this recipe. It is perfect because it is safe to use on my stove and cleans up like a dream! Your favorite 5-6 slow cooker will work great as well.
Affiliate links were used in this post.