Do you like Pumpkin Pie? Do you like Apple Butter? Have you ever had Pumpkin Butter? Check out this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Recipe for a quick and easy way to make this fall time treat!
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
How to Make Pumpkin Butter in a Slow Cooker
Truth be told, this recipe is dangerously easy… meaning it is so easy and so good that you might be bellied up to a jar of this stuff all fall long.
You have been warned. Scroll at your own risk 😉
You will find yourself making double or triple batches of this stuff.
When I first made this recipe, I took some to my dad who is a huge Apple Butter fan. He told me that my Grandma used to make it all the time. So, I grabbed some and a couple biscuits and took some to her this past weekend.
Now Grandma used to make hers with fresh pumpkin but I didn’t have any pumpkins lying around. I found the recipe below in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooking All Year ‘Round which also called fresh puree, and I just substituted canned pumpkin… and no one complained. AT. ALL.
This goes perfectly on biscuits for breakfast (or pancakes or toast or your finger… just sayin’).
But I am thinking a yummy dessert treat might be to make pie crust cookies to go with it.
The cookbook also has a recipe for taking the Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter and turning it into Pumpkin Butter Pies! (That is so happening in this house.)
*Note: A reader has pointed out to me that it is no longer recommend to can Pumpkin Butter but you can freeze it.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Recipe
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
- Combine all ingredients in a 2-3 quart slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours- stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Divide into 4 pint jars or freezer containers. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers. Do not can.
- While the original recipe for pumpkin butter provided a canning method, it is no longer recommended: Why You Shouldn't Can Pumpkin Butter
- We have used 2-3 quart slow cookers for this recipe. However, if you only have a 6-quart slow cooker, you can use the glass bowl method found in this post.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.