Does someone in you family just love red beans and rice? This Slow Cooker Red Beans and Sausage is a great recipe to serve over rice.
My hubby LOVES red beans and rice. Says he’d eat it everyday if I’d let him!
So when I saw this Slow Cooker Red Beans and Sausage recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes I knew I’d win all kinds of brownie points with him… and I was right!
Slow Cooker Red Beans and Sausage
Now I tweaked the recipe just a tad to include what I had on hand. I didn’t have 4 cans of red beans but I did have 2 cans of Red Gold Red Beans…
and two cans of Red Gold Kidney Beans…
So I decided that would work! The recipe also called for diced tomatoes and I was crushing on these Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic and Onion– LOVE that flavor– so I used them instead 😉
The results were a hit! Once the dish was done I just served over minute rice. Easy peasy!
- 1 lb Kielbasa, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 to 5 16-oz cans of red beans, drained (I used two cans of Red Gold Red Beans and 2 cans of Red Gold Kidney Beans)
- 2 14-1/2 oz cans of Red Gold diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onions.
- 1 onion, chopped
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- cooked rice
- Place all your ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over rice.
Affiliate links were used in this post.