Tex-Mex Chili Dogs are a great way to switch up your traditional hot dog and the perfect crock pot recipe for your next party.
Do you love chili dogs? You will love this Tex-Mex twist to your traditional dog 😉 We found the idea for these yummy crowd pleasers in Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker. Everyone LOVED them!
Crock Pot Tex-Mex Chili Dogs
The yummy sauce had Miss Add asking for a bowl of it! (To which Mommy eventually convinced her would be better on her hot dog…) We served them up with tomatoes cheese and… crushed Chili Cheese Fritos. The recipe called for regular corn chips, but when we were shopping, Miss Add accidentally grabbed the chili cheese variety. At first I was disappointed we had the wrong ingredient… that was until I realized it was the perfect ingredient for this recipe! So thank Miss Add for the yummy “suggestion” ;).
You can either cook your hot dogs with your sauce or separately. Since we whipped this up for dinner the other night and I wanted to freeze the leftovers, I cooked my dogs separately.
Tex-Mex Chili Dogs
- 1 lb Hot Dogs
- 30 oz Chili (2 - 15 oz cans) with or without beans depending on preference
- 10 oz Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 4 oz Can Chopped Green Chiles
- Garnish: Crushed Chili Cheese Fritos Shredded Cheese, Chopped Tomato, Chopped Onion, etc.
- If cooking hot dogs with sauce, place hot dogs in your slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl (except garnish) and pour into slow cooker.
- Cook on low, stirring occasionally for 3-4 hours.
- Serve on buns and top with garnish.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
If you are cooking the sauce without the hot dogs, a smaller slow cooker (4 qt or less) will be necessary so you do not burn the sauce. If cooking for a party, it might be fun to put the sauce in the center of the 3 Pot Buffet Slow Cooker and cook the hot dogs in the two outer pots– just dump them in, no need for water. Cook them on low and they should be ready the same time as the sauce.
If you are wanting to cook the sauce and hot dogs together, a 5 qt slow cooker should work just fine. Just watch your cooking times if your slow cooker isn’t close to 2/3 full, you may want to reduce cooking time.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Mississippi Recipes (Crock Pot, Electric Pressure Cooker, Air Fryer) - March 30, 2021
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese (Ninja Foodi) - March 30, 2021
- Ninja Foodi Grill BBQ Ham Pineapple Kabobs - March 11, 2021