Are you a macaroni and cheese fan? This Beefy Mac and Cheese will have your whole family signing up for macaroni and cheese for dinner!
Beefy Mac and Cheese
The family just loved this dish. It was a nice side dish but hearty enough to be a main dish. Many a left over lunches were had with it!
Now this recipe (adapted from one found in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cookers, Casseroles & Skillets) calls for browning your beef before cRockin’, so earlier in the week when I made that yummy Lasagna Soup, I went ahead and browned up my beef for both recipes and popped the beef for my Beefy Mac and Cheese in the fridge until I needed it.
That made throwing this meal together in the morning a snap.
One other note… I do believe one reason we LOVED this recipe was that I once again used my pantry staple as the tomatoes in this dish…
Red Gold Love
Red Gold’s Basil, Garlic and Oregano Diced Tomatoes add so much to so many of my dishes. I have always totally loved their tomatoes, but this version takes it to a whole other level.
For years, I had no idea that my childhood favorite canned tomato was an Indiana company. As a young college student I was so disappointed my supermarket didn’t carry them. Mom’s chili just didn’t taste the same with the other guy’s tomatoes. Then when I worked at the Indiana State Department of Agriculture I actually got to tour their plant and fields. I even got to ride a wagon while they were harvesting. It was so cool to see how the tomato got from field to can. (And no, they aren’t paying me to say all that… it is totally a Hoosier pride thing 😉 ).
- 1 lb Browned Ground Beef
- 1 15 oz Can Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 10¾ Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1½ oz Cheese Sauce Mix (I used an Alfredo Mix)
- 2 Tblsp Red Gold Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Pkg Elbow Macaroni- Cooked
- Combine beef with remaining ingredients except macaroni and shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 30 minutes before you want to serve, stir in cheese and cooked macaroni.
- Cover and cook until heated through 15-30 minutes.
- Stir before serving
We LOVE using our Stove-Top Safe Slow Cooker for recipes like this! Check out these other great recipes that we used all the awesome features of this slow cooker to cRock the pot!
- Lasagna Soup
- Beef Tips and Gravy
- Crispy Slow Cooker Chicken
- Sweet and Saucy Ribs
- Autumn Apple Pork Roast
Have you heard?
So go check it out and come back for more great slow cooker recipes!
Affiliate links were used in this post.