Cooking hot dogs in bulk is very easy in a Crock Pot. Learning how to use a slow cooker to steam hot dogs is a great tip for parties and potlucks.
Cris here. The other day I was flipping through Gooseberry Patch’s Busy Day Slow Cooking and I saw a recipe for Steamed Hot Dogs from Erin Brock of Charleston, WV and I knew that we could use our favorite potluck slow cooker— Big Bertha– to crock up a huge batch of hot dogs and send them into work with Mikey. He of course made a video of this super complicated recipe ;).
Cooking Hot Dogs in Bulk Notes
- We put 20 hot dogs in each of our 2.5 qt crocks, but you can place as many that will fit. The original recipe says up to 60, but you could even do more depending on the size of your slow cooker.
- We like to place hot dogs in the two outside slow cookers and then place a topping or dip in the center for parties (new recipe coming soon!). This is just perfect for backyard BBQs and parties.
- You can cook this on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2. Once cooked through, I would flip your slow cooker to a warm setting for serving.
- 20-60 Hot Dogs
- Hot Dog Buns
- Garnish: Shredded Cheese Onion, Ketchup, Pickles, Relish, etc.
- Place hot dogs in slow cooker and close lid.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2 hours.
- Turn to warm to keep warm while serving.
Edited to add:
Here the new video with the center crock reveal… shh!
Affiliate links were used in this post.