Do you love a good homestyle pork chop with an amazing gravy? Then you are going to love this Crock Pot Pork Chop Delight from Gooseberry Patch’s Mom Knows Best Cookbook as much as we do!
Aunt Lou here.
This recipe is one of seven that I made for less than $50…yes, you read that right! I made SEVEN recipes for under fifty bucks! Part of the way this is possible is by buying a big ol’ pork loin and using it for three recipes! Have you ever done that? If you haven’t, don’t worry. Mikey will show you how!
Crock Pot Pork Chop Delight
If you are a newby to cooking, this would be a good recipe for you to start out on. The steps are simple and the taste is phenomenal! What more could you want?!
- 1/2 c plus 2 T all-purpose flour divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 T oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 c chicken broth
- 8 oz container sour cream
- cooked rice or egg noodles
- Mix together 1/2 c of your flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl
- Heat up your oil in a skillet over medium/high heat
- Coat your chops well with your flour mixture
- Brown your coated chops in your heated oil
- Place your browned chops in your crock pot
- Arrange your onion slices on top
- Pour your broth over everything
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours
- Mix together your sour cream and 2 T flour until well combined
- Add sour cream mixture to your cooking juices and stir
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 15-30 minutes, until your gravy thickens
- Serve over rice or noodles
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For this yummy Crock Pot Pork Chop Delight, I used one of my 6 quart Crock Pots so I could lay out my chops across the bottom. This particular one is programmable, so that is always a bonus in my book. You can use your favorite 6 quart slow cooker.
Affiliate links were used in this post.