Do you have company coming over soon? Or maybe you would like to treat those you live with to a special breakfast! This Crock Pot Southwest Breakfast Casserole from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites would be perfect!
Aunt Lou here.
I love a good breakfast casserole. It can be a great breakfast or brinner (breakfast+dinner)! We love brinner in this house. And it is a great way to get more bang for your buck at dinner time!
Crock Pot Southwest Breakfast Casserole
This recipe started out quite a bit differently than where it ended. I did a little tweak here, and a little change there…and we have one scrumdiddlyumptious Crock Pot Southwest Breakfast Casserole!
- 8.3 oz pkg smoky links
- 4 c frozen tater tots thawed
- 16 oz jar salsa
- 2 c shredded Colby Jack and Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 6 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your smoky links in half and brown on both sides in a skillet
- Cut your smoky links into bite sized pieces
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Place your thawed tots in your crock pot
- Put your sausage pieces, salsa and half of your cheese on top of your tots
- Pour your eggs over everything
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Top with the rest of your cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours
Slow Cooker Recommendations
This Crock Pot Southwest Breakfast Casserole was perfect for my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot. Of course, I love making all my casseroles in my casserole crock these days, so I guess that’s no big surprise! If you don’t have one, then you will want to use a 5-6 quart crock pot.
Affiliate links were used in this post.