This recipe has been made in our family in the oven for years, so I thought I should give it a try in the crock pot! So I give you my Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole. You can thank me later. 😉
How to Make Hamburger Casserole in a Slow Cooker
Aunt Lou here.
This is seriously one of my FAVORITE childhood recipes. I would have been happy if momma would have made this every week. It is also one of the first meals I mastered when I started to try and cook.
Momma always made this in the oven. I usually make it in the oven too. It is a smaller portion, though, and we always seem to want more leftovers from this one. So, since ya’ll know I love my crock pots, I couldn’t help but try it out as a crock pot meal. And by golly, it worked! Woohoo!
I hope you guys enjoy this delicious and simple meal as much as we do. It is actually one of the first things I made for Michael. He fell in love with it, and my hubs is the epitome of the saying, “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach!” 😉
Ingredients for Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole
3 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup minced dried onion
3 pkgs 1 oz gravy mix
2 1/2 cups water
2 cans 7.5 oz biscuits
Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole Notes
- I made this Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole in my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot. It was perfect for spreading everything out. If you don’t have one, you can use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Save this recipe to your FREE Recipe Box.
On Recipes That Crock we have a way for you to save recipes, recipe collections and meal plans to your own free recipe box. This way you won’t ever lose a recipe. With your free RTC account, you know that your favorite recipes and all the recipes you want to try are always just a click away.
You can register (or login if you are already a user) here: Register/Login Here.
Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole Recipe
Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup minced dried onion
- 3 oz gravy mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 15 oz biscuits refrigerated cans
- Put your ground beef and minced onion in a skillet over medium-high heat, brown and drain
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Spread your browned ground beef and onion mixture evenly across the bottom of your crock pot
- Mix together your gravy mixes and water
- Pour over ground beef
- Place your biscuits on top
- Take 6-8 paper towels and put under your lid when you place it on your crock pot (to keep the condensation off of your biscuits)
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours
- I made this Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole in my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot. It was perfect for spreading everything out. If you don't have one, you can use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
We recommend serving this dish with the following recipes
If you enjoyed this casserole, you might also enjoy these recipes: