Summertime has finally arrived! And so have the fresh strawberries! Fresh strawberries taste great on this Crock Pot Strawberry Shortcake from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker! (Don’t worry, frozen will work in the winter!)
Aunt Lou here.
I love fresh strawberries…and so does Ryder. I knew to buy a second quart of strawberries because I figured Ryder would end up eating a bunch of the strawberries as I was cutting them up for this Crock Pot Strawberry Shortcake. And I was right. 😉 What mom can deny their kid when they are wanting fresh fruit or veggies?!
Crock Pot Strawberry Shortcake
This cake is so easy and delicious!
I threw it together in less than 5 minutes and it came out perfectly! So perfect that I was downright giddy when I turned it out onto the plate.
Now it only took an hour in my favorite crock pot, so keep watch the first time you make it so you can adjust your cooking times to your crock pot.
- 2 1/4 c pancake mix
- 3/4 c sugar divided
- 2/3 c milk
- 3 T applesauce
- 1 qt strawberries hulled and sliced
- Optional Garnish: frozen whipped topping thawed
- Mix together your pancake mix, 1/2 c sugar, milk and applesauce until you have a dough
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Gently press your dough into the bottom of your crock pot
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour and 15 minutes (until it passes the toothpick test)
- Gently toss your strawberries with the remaining 1/4 c of sugar in a separate bowl
- Turn your shortcake out onto a plate
Cut into single serving pieces and spoon berries over shortcake
- Optional: Top with frozen whipped topping
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker for this recipe. I know that it cooks very evenly…which is good when baking a cake. The center gets done before the edges burn, always a plus! 😉 It’s non-stick insert also let the cake slide out in one piece…it was gorgeous! You could also use your favorite 5-6 quart crock pot.
Affiliate links were used in this post.