This Crock Pot Apple Dumplings recipe is adapted from a tried and true oven recipe. It is a family favorite and one you don’t want to miss!
Aunt Lou here.
I first had this recipe at a birthday celebration at a place that I worked. They were so delicious that I just had to have the recipe! And ever since, if I bring them once to a gathering, I am told that I have to bring them from then on out!
Crock Pot Apple Dumplings
So you may be asking, “Why make this in a crock pot?” Well, after I made these for yet another family Thanksgiving, I happen to see my Casserole Crock Pot and couldn’t help but want to make them in it! Plus, I love that I can keep them warm…which is how the taste the bestest! 🙂
Now there is something that we need to discuss. The recipe calls for butter. Make sure you use butter, not margarine. This is just one of those recipes you want to use butter in. It is fantastic!
- 3 cans crescent rolls
- 3 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 12 oz can Mountain Dew or equivalent...I use Kroger's Citrus Drop
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
- Spray your crock with cooking spray
- Take one slice of apple and wrap on crescent roll around the apple slice starting with the small end of the cresent roll and place in your crock
- Repeat the above step for all of your crescent rolls (I usually have a few apple slices left over to munch on since my slicer cuts each apple into 10 pieces and there are only 8 rolls in each can)
- Slice your butter into a microwave safe bowl with your sugar and cinnamon
- Heat in your microwave until your butter is melted (about a minute in my microwave) and mix well
- Pour your mixture on top of all your dumplings
- Pour your can of Mountain Dew around the edges and in between the rows of dumplings (if you pour it on top of the dumplings, then the cinnamon sugar mixture won't stay on top!)
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours