We LOVE fall around here and fall is just around the corner!
We do all the local fall activities… pumpkin patches, corn mazes, hay rides… AND one of our favorites– Apple Picking!!
Miss Add sure does love her apples! And the ones from our local orchard are always so fantastic. Miss Add has been a professional apple pickin’ kid since she was knee-high to a grasshopper 😉 When she was little she used call it “going to the apple porchard.”
Sigh… don’t you just want to bottle up those moments?
We usually go to the “apple porchard” several times each season and make all kinds of our fall favorites: Fried Cinnamon Apples, Orchard Cider Slushies, Crock Pot Apple Crumble Cobbler, Slow Cooker Apple Butter, Apple Cinnamon Crock Pot Oatmeal and Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apple Sauce to name a few 😉
See I told you we pick LOTS of apples!
Crock Pot Praline Apple Crisp
Well add another to the list! Crock Pot Praline Apple Crisp from Gooseberry Patch’s 303 ‘Round the Clock Recipes has that great fall flavor we all love with the added gooey deliciousness of toffee and nutty pecans.
- 6 Granny Smith or Braeburn Apples- Cored and Sliced (Peel if desired)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Oats (I used Old Fashioned, but you can use Quick Oats)
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar- Packed
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Chilled Butter- Diced
- ½ Cup Chopped Pecans
- ½ Cup Toffee Bits
- Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and place in a greased slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except toffee and nuts) until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and top with nuts and toffee.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
This post was shared on Weekend Potluck.