Are you in the mood for a delicious breakfast? Then you want to check out this Crock Pot Cinnamon-Raisin French Toast from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites.
Aunt Lou here.
As you know, I love french toast. So I knew I wanted to try this Crock Pot Cinnamon-Raisin French Toast a try as soon as I saw it. And I was NOT disappointed. Yum!
Crock Pot Cinnamon-Raisin French Toast
I was excited when I saw that I needed to cut in butter on this recipe. I know that sounds weird, but I am absolutely terrible at cutting butter with knifes. HORR-I-BLE. I had finally broke down and bought a pastry blender, so I couldn’t wait to give it a try. Oh what a difference it makes! It cut (pun intended 😉 ) my prep time in half!
- 1 loaf of French bread cubed and divided
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 2 t cinnamon
- 7 eggs
- 2 1/2 c milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 c raisins
- Garnish: syrup and powdered sugar
- Lightly spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Place half of your bread cubes in the bottom of your crock pot, set aside
- Cut together your butter, brown sugar and cinnamon
- Sprinkle half of the butter mixture over the bread
- Place the remaining bread on top
- Use a whisk to mix your eggs, milk and vanilla together
- Pour this mixture over everything
- Sprinkle the remaining butter mixture evenly over the top
- Cover and cook on low for four hours
- Stir in your raisins gently
- Cover again and cook on low for another hour
- Stir gently before serving
- Serve with syrup and powdered sugar
Slow Cooker Recommendation
This time around, I used my Travel Crock Pot. It was the perfect size. Your favorite 5-6 quart should be great too!
Affiliate links were used in this post.