These Crock Pot Taco Baked Potatoes are divine! They are super simple to make too! And everyone can customize their potato to their own tastes!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love.
How to Make Taco Baked Potatoes in a Crock Pot
Aunt Lou here.
Anyone have picky eaters in their house? Anyone a picky eater themselves? (Raises hand.) Anyone also have people at their table who love all the extras on their meals? That’s the case in my house. Ryder, Iyla and I are picky eaters. Michael is more of a loaded/supreme guy. This Crock Pot Taco Baked Potatoes recipe is the perfect way to make everyone happy!
This recipe is super easy as it is, but you can make it even easier with our Make-Ahead Ground Beef Recipe. You can also try out Cris’ Electric Pressure Cooker Make Ahead Taco Meat. Either one of these recipes are great time savers for when you want to put this recipe together!
When it is time to serve this yummy dinner, you can set it up like a baked potato taco bar. That way everyone will be able to add to their potatoes exactly what they want! It is also a way to change up dinner time and make dinner a little fun! You can have your own little party in your house with your family!
What You Will Need
- 6 Russet Potatoes, washed and pierced with a fork
- 1/4 cup Melted Bacon Grease or butter
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 oz taco seasoning, (2 – 1 oz packets)
- tomatoes, diced
- shredded Mexican Blend or Taco Style cheese
- sour cream
- Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board
- 6-quart Crock Pot
- Potato Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Taco Meat Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 3-4 hours
Crock Pot Taco Baked Potatoes
- Place potatoes in a single layer in your slow cooker
- Brush liberally with grease and salt.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours
- Toward the end of your potato cooking time, brown your ground beef and mix with your taco seasoning per the instructions on the packet and prepare your favorite taco toppings
- Once tender, make a slit in the top of the potatoes and push ends inward to open potato to place desired fixins.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
- Crock Pot Beefy Taco Soup - December 8, 2023
- Bacon Brown Sugar Pork Chops (Oven Recipe) - December 8, 2023
- Crock Pot Chili Cheese Tater Tot Casserole for Two - December 3, 2023