Delicious. Hearty. Easy. That is exactly what this amazing Crock Pot Chuck Wagon Stew is! It is sure to be an instant family favorite!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love.
Aunt Lou here.
You may or may not know that Cris and I grew up on a cattle farm. I remember that we always had freezer beef. I never thought about it as a child. I never realized how great it was to always have beef (and deer) in our freezer. As an adult, providing meals for my family, I have come to realize how valuable it is to be able to save money in any way possible. Since I grew up on a farm, farmers and their hard work hold a special place in my heart. We just so happen to go to church with a wonderful farmer that raises angus beef and purchased our first freezer beef. I couldn’t wait to try out this Crock Pot Chuck Wagon Stew from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooker to the Rescue!
Crock Pot Chuck Wagon Stew Notes:
- I used my standby favorite, Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker), for this recipe. You can use your favorite 5-6 quart crock pot.
- Can you open a can? What about chop and onion or slice some sausage? If so, you can absolutely make this stew!
- If you are looking for a hearty meal to fill you up or warm you up, this Crock Pot Chuck Wagon Stew is your recipe!
Crock Pot Chuck Wagon Stew
- 1 - 1.5 lbs stew beef cubed
- 1 lb smoked sausage sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 28 oz can barbecue baked beans
Put all your ingredients in your 5-6 quart crock pot except your beans and mix well (I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker)
Take a spoon and evenly place your beans on top
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours
Give it a good stir before serving
As with all our recipes, nutritional information will vary (including calorie counts) depending on exact ingredients you choose to use.